I'm so thrilled to have a special sponsor here today, ABC HOMEE. They are an online source of decor items, furniture, apparel and much more. They also have several stores, including this one in Manhattan.
With the dreary winter weather, I'm looking for ways to spruce up my house so that it's warm, and inviting inside. Here are 5 ideas to add warmth and light your home.
1. Paint: Paint adds such a fresh look to a room, and it is pretty inexpensive compared to remodeling and major furniture purchases. A fresh coat of paint can give your room new life. When you paint the walls next time, why not include the ceiling as well? Most ceilings are painted white and over the years this color increasingly fades. Sprucing up the ceiling with a fresh coat of white paint will help brighten up a room.
2. Accent furniture: Whether it be end tables, coffee tables or some other piece to complement your room, accent furniture is a great addition to any room in the home. Browse an online furniture store like ABC Home to find items that would best work in your home.
In perusing ABC Home's site, I found many things I think would spruce up my home like this ottoman, (yes please!!)
and I think I could make room for this chippy iron bed.
3. Windows: New windows can be expensive, but might be worth it in certain situations. For instance, if your home has a wonderful view, installing large, open windows can not only show off the great outdoors, but also bring in lots of natural light during the day. Natural lighting does more than just brighten up a room, it also lifts your mood. I love throwing my shutters open to let the maximum amount of sunshine into my rooms.
4. Reflective surfaces: That's right, don't be afraid to give your room a little sparkle. Not only will pictures, tables, and other accessories with reflective surfaces increase the brightness of a room, but they will also make the room appear larger. Consider adding mirrored picture frames, coasters, candy dishes, and light fixtures as an inexpensive way to lighten the ambiance.
I love mirrors, especially this one from ABC Home.
5. Plants: Live plants not only bring nature indoors and add a calming effect; they also help encourage a healthier indoor environment. How? Plants absorb toxins that are likely trapped inside your home. While these toxins aren't necessarily harmful, they can impact the indoor air quality of a living space.
Like my heart-shaped ivy? I used an inherited vintage planter that was just begging to be used.
Thank you ABC Home. Mr. CH is in NYC often for business, so I am thinking I need to go with him next time. I hear your store is fabulous; I wonder how much I can fit in the overhead compartment on the way home.
This is a sponsored post. Sponsored posts help support this blog.